Friday, May 25, 2007

Who created the word Ecotourism


Ok, this one will be in english.

More than 40 years ago, in 1965, a person called Nicholas Hetzer wrote, for the first time, in an article, the word "Ecotourism". Here's the probe ! Ok, ok, it's not about arguing, it's just a matter of justice.

They say that a Mexican (Mr Ceballos Lascuraín) invented that word, and even though I wouldn't say that he copied it (because I sense a deep difference among both concepts and original texts), I would calll to this thing called "intertextuality" which is something like "different people in distinct eras take back on themes and words", just because we humans tend to repeat ourselves.

Well, anyway, I just wanted to upload this picture and show you that the focus provided by this gentlemen was slightly different to what we think now of Ecotourism, and... should I say it or not? I do like much more his idea, and the whole of the text, since he called for les discussion and more action... and we did just the opposite.

Have a great sunday. Stand by for today's pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome